Cable Installer / Contractor
Knight Broadband is currently accepting applications for Contractor Broadband Technicians / Cable Installers for residential, new construction and commercial work.
There is immediate work available for Cable Contractors. Assignments range from CATV installation to drop bury line work.
New and experienced installers in the telecommunications trade are equally encouraged to submit your interest. For those new to the trade, Knight Broadband has a New Contract Cable Installer Orientation.
Contracting with Knight, Cable Installers are earning top piece rate with average weekly earnings ranging $1,200–$1,500.
Your advantages when joining Knight Broadband:
• Tool loan program available
• Work cell phone buy in option available
• Continuously growing field with no shortage of work
• Need a vehicle for work? Company sponsored Contractor lease options for qualified individuals.
• You will be contracting with one of the leading telecommunications contractors in the Southeast U.S.
• You are able to make as much (or as little) as you want to make with unit pay where you can gain by your efficiency
• You continue to control your schedule
• Experience in CATV is in high demand, but not required.
• Experience with drop bury lines from pole to residence is preferred, but not required.
• A valid driver's license
• Must own a truck, van, or SUV (vehicle must be free of physical damage, dependable working order, and painted one color)
• Pass drug test and criminal background check
• Be able to independently manage day-to-day functions as a triple play certified Broadband Technician
Specific skills required to efficiently provide the subcontractor services:
• Analyze RF levels to determine if there are issues with a customer’s services and repair any issue identified.
• Close out all jobs with proper codes.
• Independently stay on top of new technology in the field.
• When necessary, establish connections from tap to customer equipment.
• Verify that all services listed on a work order are functioning properly.
• Demonstrate the use of installed equipment to the customer.
• Lifting up to 80 lbs at a full range of motion
• Hand digging a trench for a bury drop
• Ability to climb a ladder
• Ability to deal with heights and confined spaces like an attic
• Ability to work outdoors in the elements
• Ability to utilize proper safety equipment at all times
Knight Broadband is a premier telecommunications contractor for Charter Communications (Spectrum) and Comcast (Xfinity). Since 1982, we have built a time-proven track record of delivering unrivaled value, support, and expertise to our customers in everything we do. Our expertise spans everything from underground, directional boring and aerial construction to fully integrating video, voice and data over a fiber backbone.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.